Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Our Year in Review-2014

2014 has been one of the best and hardest years yet.  We've had so many good moments and some hard ones.  It's been fun to look back at these past 12 months and reminisce on our many adventures!

January


Mara had her first snow day!  We also explored our local area a bit over a long MLK day weekend!

February


We invited friends over for a huge Super Bowl Sunday party and took our first real family vacation to the Asheville area, where we explored breweries, skied and rented a cabin in the national forest. 

March


Mara turned 6 months! We also sadly lost both my grandma and grandpa this month.

April


We celebrated Mara's first Easter with a fun party at the Battalion headquarters and our church!

May


This month was huge for us.  I was baptized!  We also visited family in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois during Josh's block leave.  We attended one of my best friend's, Arthi, wedding

The hardest thing though happened on the very last day of this month.  We said good-bye to Josh.

June


This month we celebrated Father's Day and my birthday from afar.

July


This month was slow as Mara and I adjusted to deployment.

August



Mara and I traveled to Illinois to spend a couple of months with my family.  I also got to attend the wedding of two of my close college friends, Adam and Jess.

September



Mara turned 1!!!  We threw a big party and celebrated one year with our baby girl!

October



We threw Mara another birthday party and settled back into life in North Carolina.  At the end of the 
month, Mara dressed up as a strawberry and celebrated Halloween!

November


Josh surprised me with a fun anniversary celebration day in Raleigh and Mara and I traveled down to Florida for Thanksgiving.

December


We celebrated Christmas!!

As we say goodbye to 2014, we are so excited to ring in 2015.  2015 is looking to be even better with Josh's homecoming and a change of duty station on the horizon.  Here's to new adventures with the people I love most!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...