Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Food, Food and More Food?

Mara is almost 15 months old and we've been doing solid foods for almost ten months now.  We started with purees and quickly switched to a form of baby led weaning when Mara decided she was over the baby food. 

Now I have a little girl who is as particular about what she puts in her mouth as I've ever seen.  She is always very cautious.  Takes a small bite or a lick to assess the flavor.  Then she proceeds.  And if she doesn't get a good first impression well forget it.  It takes days if not weeks to get her to try a new food again.

She has her all time favorites, strawberries, cheese, bananas, avocado, pasta.  These I can always get her to eat.  Heck she'd eat these all the time if I'd let her.  And maybe that was the problem.  Maybe I did this to myself.  I was so lost at first with baby led weaning as to what I could give her.  Once I found things she liked I stuck with them.  

I'm hoping as time goes on she gets better.  That sooner rather than later she will just be eating whatever we are eating without any complaint.  I think that some of this will come with age and understanding.  I am already seeing small improvements when I let her eat similar things as me or as she starts to master silverware.  

But in the meantime I'm not too incredibly worried.  She's still a champion nurser.  I never thought I would be nursing my baby past one year but I don't see us stopping anytime soon.  I know it's good for her and I also appreciate that she is getting adequate nutrition.  I have seen her nursing decrease and some days we only nurse 3 or 4 times.  As this continues to decrease I am sure I will see her food intake increase.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...