Monday, December 15, 2014

Cloth Diaper Review

*I was not paid or compensated in any way for my opinions.  I strictly want to remember for future kids!*

I originally wrote about our stash about a year ago here. A year later, our stash has evolved a bit and my opinions have changed.  Here's what it looks like now:

Bum Genius
We still have all of our original Bum Genius diapers.  We had 7 from a friend that had already seen two kids and another new 7.  Our older ones are starting to see some wear.  We converted these from velcro and small holes are forming where the original stitching was.  I expect these 7 won't last through too many more kids.  On the other hand, the newer 7 are great.  We use them regularly although they do not hold up overnight.  They are a great diaper for the day and I usually grab these when packing the diaper bag.

My only beef with these diapers is the size.  Even though they claim to be one size like the rest of Mara's diapers, I know she will grow out of these first.  For some reason they seem to be shorter from front to back.  I have always had to transition these diapers up in size first and I feel like it will only be a few more months before we cannot use them at all.  I'm not sure why this is but it's frustrating when these diapers cost about $17 each.

Kawaii
These are my favorite diapers by far.  I use these during the day and are the only diaper I use at night.  I do have a few overnight diapers in this brand but honestly do not see too much of a difference between the overnight diapers and the regular ones in terms of leakage.

Besides their excellent leakage control, my favorite thing about these diapers is how easily they clean up.  Their fleece lining makes for really easy clean up of poop with my sprayer and they almost never stain.

I think in the future these will be my go to diaper for replacements.  They are super affordable at $10 a pop and have given us the best fit overall.

Fluffy Bottoms
I am still for the most part on the fence with these diapers.  They are decent and I regularly grab them for day to day changes.  They snap easily and for the most part are easy to get a good fit out of.  That being said I wouldn't go out and necessarily buy more of them.  They stain pretty easily and are hard to clean with the diaper sprayer.  I'm not sure about the price of these as I picked them up at a consignment sale.

Sun Baby
These are probably my second favorite diapers.  I love the fun prints they come in and the fleece lining.  Again fleece just seems to do better in terms of clean up and stain prevention.  My other favorite feature of these diapers is their trim fit.  They do allow Mara to wear smaller pants generally.

I guess my only issue with these is because of the trim fit the stuffing pockets are slim.  It's hard for me to fit our inserts in sometimes which has on some occasions lead to leaks.  Still I think if I found these on consignment I would buy them again.

Just Bottoms
Oh man.  These are not my favorite diaper.  I will usually put Mara in everyone before turning to these.  I hate the double gussett that only seems to trap poop.  What isn't trapped in the gusset seems to immediately stain the lining.

I tried to sell the three we had at a consignment sale but only got rid of one.  So I guess we will keep them in our stash until I can get rid of the other two.  I mean for the most part they are ok for the average wet diaper.  I just cringe at the thought of a poopy diaper in these.

Easy Bottoms
These are new to our stash since last year.  Our local cloth diaper store recently started caring these and has offered a few $5/diaper sale.  They have fun prints and an easy to stuff pocket but overall I'm less than impressed.

My least favorite aspect of this diaper is the snaps.  It has three to get the leg holes tight but unlike other brands that third snap isn't close to the leg but in line with the further snap.  Yes I know that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to most but basically it makes for a poor fit.  On top of fit, again, these diapers do not clean off well and stain easily.

So although the price was right, I wouldn't get these diapers again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...