Sunday, December 7, 2014

Christmas May Look a Little Different This Year

Christmas will obviously look a little different this year.  We've made it through birthdays, our anniversary and Thanksgiving but I know Christmas will bring just a little extra tug on the heart strings without Josh here.

Christmas is all about family and although I'd love to travel to see everyone we'll be staying home this holiday.  We have been traveling a lot recently and I'm just tired.  I also think a tiny part of me just feels like I want to celebrate Christmas here in our home even if Josh isn't here to celebrate with.

I've been trying to keep the holidays as normal as possible around here.  We've put up decorations and have been enjoying Christmas carols in the car.  Although she's not old enough to remember the traditions we've started (I love traditions) we've been trying to keep up with them.

We've been doing our Jesse tree daily and have been making Christmas crafts for family.  We've hung our stockings and Mara's doing her best to take down the Christmas tree ornament by ornament.  I'm hoping by the end of the season we will have made a batch of Christmas cookies and checked out the lights in the neighborhood.

I think the really difficulty will come on the actual day.  Hopefully we will be able to celebrate together by skype and focus on how few days we have left of this separation versus actually being apart on this holiday.  Most of all I hope all of us can focus on the true reason for the season!  The birth of our Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...