Thursday, December 11, 2014

Life With a Toddler

Toddler yikes.  That word is a bit scary.  But I'm embracing it.  Yes, I have a toddler.  Mara is becoming this amazing little girl who has her own thoughts and opinions.

The opinions is where our current struggle is.  I know everyone says do not wish talking on them but I do wish we were communicating better.  It seems like as of late we are in a constant struggle with knowing what she is trying to communicate.  And this girl doesn't know the meaning of patience.  So we are usually in the middle of a melt down before I can even begin to process the situation.

Yes we have tried sign language.  She does know the basic ones but refuses to use them.  I will make the signs to her and she obviously understands but will not do them to get what she wants.  I just keep hoping that with time she will begin to realize that by using them she will get what she wants sooner and easier.

As of now all I can do is try to figure out what she is trying to say as soon as I can.  And if that doesn't work just try to remain calm and distract, distract, distract! I'm sure that this is just one of those phases and soon we'll be through.

But it's not all negative.  I am loving this new stage as well.  To watch her personality blooming is just so amazing.  I love seeing her discover new things.  She is taking play to a whole new level and had recently developed a love for stuffed animals.  I always tell Josh, "She is just so much fun right now!"  And she is.  Sure there are trials but that's life.  We're trying to embrace the good each day and celebrate that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...