Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter

Mara's first Easter was a mix of worship, good friends, excellent food and an Easter basket thrown into the mix.  That morning I got Mara in her Easter dress bright an early.  I had a fleeting thought that maybe I should have waited a bit but brushed it off.  Minutes later she had pooped up her back and her dress was done.

pretty girl

Observing everything
So I did what every self respecting mom does in the same situation.  I put my head down and scrubbed.  She was wearing this dress!  Luckily I was able to get it clean and dry before we had to head out the door to church.

Our church was serving breakfast before service that day so we got in early and enjoyed good fellowship and food with friends.  After breakfast, I headed down to the nursery where I was on duty for the day.  For the most part it wasn't too bad but I definitely wouldn't want to have three little ones all around the same age.

Can't get enough

Love how these two little boys from church love on Mara
After service we headed home. Josh spent some time outside working on the lawn while Mara and I played.  Again she tried to avoid having her picture taken in her Easter dress.  Before we could give her her basket, blowout number two occured!  I couldn't save the tights but the dress made it.

We quickly got out the camera and handed over her basket.  It was so much fun to see her explore it.  At Christmas she was too small to be really interested in opening presents or even toys.  Now she happily dug right in pulling everything out and of course putting everything in her mouth.

Ohh Easter basket

Down it goes
That night we headed over to a friend's house for some smoked ribs and delicious sides.  The best part by far was the great conversations that always ensue when we all get together.

Celebrating Easter this year was extra special with Mara.  I loved getting to celebrate with her.  As she gets older I can't wait to teach her the real reason we celebrate the holiday.  He is risen!!
 
Knew she'd like the empty eggs the best

Gifts from Grandma



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...