Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Southern Snow Day

Coming from the North, the thought of a little snow doesn't really phase me.  I was in for a whole new experience when they put snow in the forecast for Fayetteville.  With few snow plows, even the smallest of snow showers can spell a big problem for folks down here.

The snow was supposed to start about noon yesterday, just enough time to get to our meeting on base and a quick run to the grocery store.  I was happy to see clear skies after my meeting and immediately ran to the store in hopes of beating the traffic home.  To my surprise I was told the store was closing early.  Guess its probably for the best as I'm sure the rest of Fort Bragg had already beat me to the bread and water. (For some reason everyone goes out and clears the shelves of these things at the slightest hint of snow) I was more just frustrated that I had already dragged Mara into the store and now had nothing to show for this.  You get this if you're a mom!

snow angel

The snow didn't start till that evening and was mainly a mix of freezing rain.  Ha I thought.  So much for their six inches.  Well sometime during the night that freezing rain changed to snow and we woke up to a winter wonderland this morning.  Very different than our usual winter drab around here.

just in awe of the white stuff
Sure it was probably only about 3 inches.  Laughable for those up north but we dragged out our snow gear and headed outside.  Determined to show Mara her first snow day.  We made snow angels and shoveled the little bit in our driveway.

Mara got her first taste

When the chill started to set in we headed inside for some hot cocco (mama's milk for Mara) and changed into some warm clothes.  Oh did I mention Josh got a snow day?! Yes we are loving having Daddy home in the middle of the week!!

Mama and Mara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...