Sunday, January 26, 2014

Dear Baby Girl

Dear Baby Girl,

My mama's heart is so full for you these past few weeks.  I don't know if its because you're growing so fast or because I've seen so many of my friends give birth recently but I've been really thinking about what a whirlwind this last year has been.

At first you were just a speck.  A dream.  A hope.  Then you were the size of a pea, an orange, a mango, a pumpkin....Oh man how nervous I was.  I read so many books baby girl.  Thought all the books and blogs would prepare me to be a mom.

Then came that hugely pregnant time where all you wish for is delivery but at the same time wishing time to slow down because you're not ready.  You're scared.  You're not ready.  Are we going to be able to do this?

But then you were here.  All seven pounds of immediate joy and love.  We kissed your cheeks, counted your toes, and snuggled you close.

We fell in love.  Head over heals in love.  There isn't anything we wouldn't do for you girl.  We will spend our lifetimes making sure you know that love.  I never thought I could love someone one so quickly and deeply but then you came along.

Being your parents is the most fulfilling job we've ever done little girl.  Sure there are times where we want to quit.  Where we want to throw our hands up and walk away.  Call your grandmas and say yes we get it now.  But then you flash us one of those smiles.  You grab our fingers and look at us with all that wonder in your eyes. You giggle and the sound brings us to tears.  Words cannot adequately express our feelings for you little girl.  How blessed we are to have you in our lives!

We may have made you baby girl, but you made us parents.  We love you to the moon and back!

Mommy & Daddy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...