Monday, July 14, 2014

Adjusting to Deployment

A little more than a month into this deployment I feel like Mara and I are finally getting into somewhat of a routine.  The days aren't dragging on as much and my mentality has shifted from a "let's get through the day" to larger scale picture.

At first it seemed like he was just in the field.  Yes I knew where he actually was but it didn't feel permanent; like it would be over in a week or two.  Now I feel like I am getting more focused on the bigger picture.

Thankfully we have been able to connect with Josh everyday.  The ease of communication continues to astonish me and I hope I don't take it for granted because I know its a blessing.  Mara has been able to "talk" with Josh and does a really good job of engaging with him via the computer.  It's so great to see.

We have also been texting throughout the day and I try to send care packages and cards occasionally.  I hope it lightens his day and keeps him smiling.  As hard as some of my days here, I can't even imagine what Josh is going through on a day to day basis.

I don't mean to sugar coat it.  There are good days and there are bad.  There are times where I think yes I can do this then others where I literally say I'm done; tell the Army you need to come home (lol) I think there is things I need to work on.  I need to learn to take help from others and take time for myself.  But we're getting there.  We will figure this deployment thing out.  We will get through this and it's only going to make us stronger.  

We've been singing this song in church lately.  It's really hit home with me and I can't get through singing it without tearing up.  It goes like this:

Jesus, Draw me ever nearer
As I labor through the storm
You have called me to this passage
And I'll follow, though I'm worn

May this journey bring a blessing
May I rise on wings of faith
And at the end of my hearts testing
With Your likeness let me wake

Jesus, guide me through the tempest
Keep my spirit stayed and sure
When the midnight meets the morning
Let me love You even more

May this journey bring a blessing
May I rise on wings of faith
And at the end of my hearts testing
With Your likeness let me wake


Let the treasures of the trial
Form within me as I go
And at the end of this long passage
Let me leave them at your throne

May this journey bring a blessing
May I rise on wings of faith
And at the end of my hearts testing
With Your likeness let me wake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...