Friday, June 27, 2014

Another Year Gone By

Goodbye 26.  Hello 27!  Yesterday was my birthday and despite missing the hubby I had a pretty good day. 

Mara slept decent and we had a lazy morning as we got ready and ate breakfast.  Around lunch time we were able to connect with Josh and I opened my present from him.

After a quick nap for Mara, we decided to get out of the house for a bit.  I didn't really have any particular place in mind and we ended up at Lowe's.  I've been wanting to start a few plants and decided to do some browsing in the garden section.  We really didn't get anything as we are headed up north soon and I didn't want to have to worry about watering them while I was away.

Then it was on to Starbucks for my birthday reward drink and home to relax before heading to a friend's for dinner.  

I don't think I put it into words how grateful I am for the friends I have here.  That they would just know how hard it would be to be alone on your birthday with your husband deployed.  That they would throw you the sweetest birthday dinner and just shower you with love.  That they would make you a birthday cake.  (I don't think I've had a birthday cake for over four years)  

Yesterday was hard.  It was one of the first real holidays that Josh and I were apart.  Despite the tug to be with him, my day was pretty good thanks to amazing girlfriends who go out of their way to make you feel special.  27 is fixing to be one of my more difficult years but after days like that I am reminded of the support system I have and am so grateful.  

Thank you to everyone who made my day so special!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...