Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Goodbye

Saying goodbye to Josh was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.  On one hand we were dreading the day, wishing it to never come but then on the other it was like ok this has to happen and let's get this started so that we are only one day closer to being together again.

I have never seen a deployment ceremony before and was really pleasantly surprised with how informal it was.  Words were said by the battalion commander and the commander of Ft. Bragg and then everyone was allowed to just have family time.

I really cherished this time.  We were able to pull off in the corner and just soak in every last minute.  Josh got to hold Mara and I got to hold Josh.

A few of our friends were there and captured these sweet moments.  We will always treasure these.















1 comment:

  1. Gah this made me tear up! I can't believe we are about to do this again! Beautiful photos, though. The homecoming photos will be even better! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...