Thursday, May 29, 2014

Block Leave: Ilinois

After spending time with Josh's family, we headed to Illinois to catch up with mine.  For the most part our time was spent with my parents letting them bond with Mara, but we got out a bit.

I got my haircut as I always try to do when I'm in town.  We also did a little digging around my grandparents house and found some fun treasures to take.  We're going to have some beautiful pieces to remind us of them now that they're gone.

As always we got together with the Stephenitch clan for our infamous Taco Tuesday.  Mara loved it.  There was so much commotion and she just added her voice right in!  I swear she was trying to be the loudest of the bunch.
Crusin around Grandma's in her new stroller

We got to see my brother briefly.  Since he got his own place he's been busier and not around as much.  He's got the greatest puppy and Mara loves getting to see Ranger.  Ranger seemed excited to see her too as he practically licked her entire face.

Foulk siblings with their firstborns

Our time there flew but in true Midwest style we were thrown a curve ball on our last day there.  A snow storm....In May.  To say we were shocked was an understatement.   We had no coats or proper shoes.  But I mean who really expects snow in May.....Thanks Illinois.

Josh: "It's snowing!"
Me: "You're lying!  (pause of disbelief) "NO!"

Despite the tricky weather we really enjoyed our time visiting family.  It was a great time catching up with everyone and just relaxing.  A much needed vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...