Monday, July 29, 2013

We're Not in Kenya Anymore

Lately I feel like we're constantly reminding ourselves that we're back in the U.S. and not in Kenya anymore. We got so used to our lives there that its been a bit of an adjustment being back.  (not that we don't love it here)  Here's a few examples that come to mind...

1. When reserving a campsite for this weekend we were shocked when the "primitive" sites were listed with having just a fire pit and pit toilets.  Wait this is primitive?!  That's normal in Kenya.  A bath house and grill who needs those when camping...

2. Multiple types of cheese...wait cheese in general.  What's this?!  Oh we're not in Kenya anymore.

3. Running to the store to just grab one thing and that thing being in there.  Insane!  I think it took me about three hours to do the first grocery store run.  Too many things to look at.  (first world problems)

4. Josh fell asleep in the car while I was driving the other day.  His response, "The roads here just bore me."  Yes there is far less to worry about on the road here.  Oh were not in Kenya anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...