Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Jill Gets Married

This past weekend I headed up north to celebrate the wedding of one of my best friends.  The day was absolutely beautiful and filled with so many homemade details.  Jill is so talented that way and I didn't expect anything different for her day.  She made beautiful bags for each of the bridesmaids as well as really cute hair pieces that were in her colors.  Not to mention the cake topper, her veil, and I'm sure the list just goes on and on!

The three of us

We started off the morning with hair appointments and lots of laughs.  By noon we were all in our dresses and ready for pictures.  I am so thankful that my dress fit.  I was really concerned that my belly would get too big for it.  I did have some issues with the upper half of the dress but not really anything to worry too much about.  I was even able to find some low heels that I felt confident I wouldn't trip down the aisle in.

The weather cooperated and we had one of the first cooler days to get out and get some great shots.  Jill had hired the same photographers as Josh and I had and it was great to see them again.  They are so talented and seriously one of the nicest couples I have ever met.  I also got to see our wedding planner/videographers again.  I can't wait to see what they do with the footage.  They are also super talented and somehow manage to capture the essence of the day.  Only wish I could have visited with them more!

The getaway car

The ceremony was beautiful and so personal.  Adam pre-recorded himself playing most of the music they used and then friends and family sang the rest.  Such a great touch!  The little flower girl was also adorable carefully laying down each petal before Jill walked down and everyone got a little teary eyed as they said their vows and were pronounced husband and wife.  I loved how even during their vows you could see their personalities shining through.  They giggled and laughed and that's just SO them

Matron of Honor's speech

The reception kept the celebration going and I indulged in one too many cupcakes :) Delicious!  Little girl was getting cramped in there so I hit the dance floor in hopes of lulling her to sleep.  Adam and his groomsmen entertained the crowd by having a dance for every song.  I loved seeing them do the wobble! By the end of the night our feet hurt and we were exhausted from dancing; all great signs of a good party and day!

Huge congrats to Jill and Adam!  Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your day.  I can't believe we are all grown up and MARRIED?!  We're so old ;)..........


Mr. & Mrs. Sparks!!

1 comment:

  1. Jen, thanks for the lovely recount of the day. SO very glad you could be a part of Jillian and Adam's special day. The pictures you posted bring tears to my eyes. Seeing the 3 of you girls all married seems surreal. Too bad that Melissa had to miss all 3 weddings. Good luck in the next few weeks with little girl. Can't wait for her arrival and you to be "MOM". Kathy Ganschow

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...