Sunday, July 14, 2013

A Nursery in the Making


The Life Of Faith

Decorating the nursery was initially a pretty overwhelming task for me.  I wanted it to be a colorful, fun place for her but at the same time didn't want to spend a fortune on it.  I also wanted the room to appeal to Josh and I and be a reflection of us as well.

After some searching on Pinterest and scoping out some local stores I think I've got it figured out.  My color palette is

                                   color pallette for baby girls nursery

I tried to base it off of a beautiful Moroccan rug Josh and I picked up on our honeymoon.  The rug has little animals stitched into it in yellows, blues, and reds.


Josh hung the cubes for me last night.  
Our nursery furniture has taken on the dark tones and is actually my nursery furniture.  My parents kept it in such great condition that we were excited to reuse it in our little girl's room.  (Don't worry we've checked out the safety specs on the crib :)  The changing table we picked up from one of Josh's friends here in Fayetteville.  I'm still debating if I want to change the finish on it.  The lighter color doesn't really work with the rest of the furniture but I'm not sure I want to stain it to match.  I'm tossing around spray painting it either the yellow, red or teal...


This old rocker is comfy but could use some more padding!
Besides that I have a few other projects I want to accomplish.  I'd like to get a small end table for beside the rocking chair for a lamp and place to rest an early morning cup of coffee and I also want to get a small woven basket for toys and stuffed animals.   I am going to replace the photos in the picture frames with a few new ones and I want to do some kind of collage on the wall above the dresser.  We are also going to hang some bookcases on the empty wall for the tons of books baby girl has.


I love adding meaningful things to her room.  The mickey pull behind
came from her Aiti's house and the wood carving was done by
her daddy when he was young.
Everything is coming together and I couldn't be happier.  There's still little clothes to wash and a few other finishing items to get but its looking great.  Can't wait to bring little girl home to this room!


Need to put her ultrasound pics in these frames.

The wall for the bookcases


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...