Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Nursery Projects

The nursery is still a work in progress but we're getting there.  This weekend we picked up a few things for the walls as well as the paint for the bookshelves and nightstand.  As we get further and further along on this project I fall more in love with her room each day.  I love the teal, red and yellow combination so much so that I'm having trouble deciding what color to put where.  I realize I'm probably overthinking it but I just want it to be perfect and inviting.

Before meets....

I decided to reuse an old coffee table I had from my dorm days as a nightstand instead of picking up something new.  Its a little big for the space but I couldn't see throwing it away and getting something new.  After going back and forth between yellow and teal, I decided to paint it teal.  It was probably one of the easiest projects I've ever done.  I didn't really have to sand it down and just rolled on the new color.  The paint dried super fast in the sun and before I knew it I was done!

After

The bookcases took a bit longer.  Again I hemmed and hawed over the color finally deciding to go with red.  I opted for spray paint for this project.  The problems started when I didn't let the first side dry completely before flipping it over.  I ended up getting some newsprint stuck to the backside.  On top of that the nasty humidity of North Carolina caused them to stay tacky for about 48 hours.  Finally today they lost that tacky feeling and I was able to put on a second coat.  It rained last night so the humidity was low making drying time a breeze compared to the first coat.  I've got them together and now just need Josh to mount them on the wall :)

Ikea spice racks turned bookshelves

My last project is almost finished.  I spent last Friday looking at fabric and finally found a few samples that will work with my color scheme.  I just need the embroidery hoops to stretch it and then hang everything up.  I love how perfectly the older items fit with some of the new items I found; especially the pull behind Mickey.  I mean it doesn't get much better than that!

Items for the collage wall

As I cross off these little projects, I get more and more excited for baby girl to get here.  I know she may not be in this room for long (ah the life of a military family) but I hope she loves it as much as I do.

3 comments:

  1. Jen, I love your color scheme and all the thought that you have put into baby girl's room. Absolutely love the pull behind Mickey!
    Kathy G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl!

    Thanks for your comment!!! Our due dates are just a day apart. I'm following you now on Bloglovin and I tried to respond to your comment but you are a no reply comment blogger!!! I'll keep an eye out too if I ever see you on Instagram (:

    Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh I didn't know that! will have to fix that setting asap! I'm new to instagram but am definitely trying to be more of a daily user especially with baby girl on her way!

      Delete

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...