Wednesday, July 10, 2013

28 Weeks

Hello 3rd trimester!  Can you believe baby girl is going to be here in only three short months?!  I can't either!  The time is just flying by.  This week has been really busy.  On Monday we went to our 28th week OB appointment.  I was so happy Josh could make it and also meet the doctor.  Everything looked great in there.  We got to see baby girl again on ultrasound and as usual she was pretty shy.  Its so hard to get a good picture of her!  We found out that she's turned so her head is down.  I was really surprised to hear this because I was still getting kicks low in my abdomen.  Guess she was punching me not kicking!! I'm hoping she stays this way up till delivery but know she could decide to flip at any moment.

We also got to talk to the doctor more about birth and his birth philosophy.  He is really open to natural birth and really tries to follow his patient's wishes.  It sounds like I'll be able to be as mobile as I want to be during delivery as long as I let him hook me up to a fetal monitor every hour or so for a few minutes.  I think I can make this compromise :) Another positive is he said he would try his hardest to be on call for our delivery.  I was a little worried that I would just get whoever is on call at the hospital at the time.  Now this is usually the practice but come mid-September my doctor is switching to days on call.  This is promising as we are due September 31.  He also said that when we got closer he would give me his contact information and we could call him when we were headed in.  If he was around he would try to switch with whomever is on call so that he can deliver me.  Awesome!

Baby girl got some goodies from her grandma again this week.  Josh and I are so incredibly thankful for all the gifts.  Its really saving us some money!  She got a stroller, car seat, diaper bag and play gym.  What's crazy is there's more on the way!  Thanks, mom :)

Look what the UPS man brought!

I'm feeling pretty good this week considering.  I've definitely gotten slower and am getting a bit more uncomfortable.  I can now feel when she has her legs in my ribs.  She tends to rest her legs on this one spot on my back but will thankfully move them if Josh rubs that spot a bit.  Thus far no stretch marks, swelling, varicose veins.  Thanking my lucky stars for that.

I took the dreaded glucose test today.  The drink was pretty sweet but not as bad as I expected it to be.  Actually it reminded me a lot of how Fanta tastes in Kenya.  I had to chug the drink in a minute and then had an hour to kill before the blood draw.  I used that time to get my updated TDaP immunization and walk around the hospital.  I heard that you shouldn't really just sit so I walked and I walked.  Really want to pass this on the first time!!

I also attended a baby basics class put on by the New Parents Support program here on base.  A lot of the information I was familiar with but it was nice to have a bit of a refresher.  There's three more classes on safety, organization and bonding with baby.  I'm really looking forward to them!

Otherwise everything is great.  We're still working on her nursery and narrowing down our list of names.  (We have it down to about five favorites)  I'm also looking forward to heading north next week for Jill's wedding and to do some more baby shopping with my mom. I'm sure things will get really busy when I get back so it'll be nice to take some time.  I only wish Josh could come too but understand why he can't.

28 weeks and growing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...