Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Heart is Heavy

My heart is heavy with the recent events in Nairobi.  Kenya is so near and dear to Josh and I and it just tugs at me that something so terrible happened there.  Our time in Kenya was so blessed by good friends and great times that we tend to forget the hard parts of living there.  The constant awareness that something could happen at any time.  That there's just extra safety precautions you have to take.  That there are people out there that will target you just because of the color of your skin.

I know that when we lived there we would try to take these small attacks with stride.  Every lost of life is a terrible one but when it was only a grenade at a bus stop or a church, the masses didn't pay it much attention.  Didn't seem to recognize that a larger attack could be imminent.  Seemed to brush the whole issue under the table when it was quiet for awhile.  Now with over thirty hostages still held up in the mall and close to 60 dead and 125 injured suddenly it has become serious.

I am so thankful that all of our friends and colleagues have been accounted for and were not harmed in this attack.  I am praying for the families of those affected by this senseless act of violence.  I am hoping the Kenyan government, army and police force handles this situation with the utmost regard for human life and political integrity.

Keep strong, Kenya.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...