Tuesday, September 3, 2013

36 Weeks

Well that's it folks.  We are officially at 9 months.  I think its really funny that pregnancy is advertised as this 9 month journey.  News flash its 10 months!  Yes 10 months not 9.  I have count them FOUR weeks left (give or take).  This week things are starting to get down right painful.  Baby girl feels like she is sitting so low which is causing a lot of pressure on my *cough* lady parts and bladder.  It takes me so much longer to do everything now.  Just last night we went for a walk and got caught in a downpour.  I literally couldn't walk any faster and ended up just drenched.  Sleep thankfully is still going ok.  I've read that some people experience insomnia these last few weeks but thus far I've been out at night.  I still have the hip pain and get up multiple times during the night but I've gotten to the point where I don't factor this into "good sleep".

Baby girl is still moving and grooving in there.  Her latest trick is to pull her knees up toward her head.  Josh and I spent one evening just pushing baby knees back down into my stomach.  She was really quiet this last weekend which got me a bit worried but has since returned to her usual self today.  We go in for our 36 week appointment at the end of the week and I am excited to make sure she is still head down and ready to go!  I also have the group B strep test which I am a bit nervous about.  I am really hoping I do not test positive because being hooked up to antibiotics during my labor is not something I want.

This week begins Operation Deep Clean.  Yes I am calling it an operation.  I mean when you're married to a military man things become "operations".  I will be going room to room and doing an overhaul cleaning every space.  No worries I'm not going to over do it.  I already have it in my head (and timed out) that I am only allowed to do one room a day.  This its not so overwhelming and easy to do touch ups before she gets here.
I have also started compiling recipes for freezer meals.  I want to put together at least a couple of weeks worth of food so we (or I) won't have to do any cooking.  Now I know we'll have family visiting who are more than willing to pitch in but I just want to have some meals on hand to be sure! I'm going to make some soups, crockpot meals and one dish wonders.  My goal for this week is just to get to the point of having a complete grocery list.  Next week I can shop and start the prep to cook all the dinners!

Otherwise everything else is rolling along as usual.  We are getting super excited for baby girl's arrival and just can't believe she will be here probably within the month.  We just continue to pray for mine and her health, a safe delivery and grace for the huge change of going from a family of 2 to 3.

One more month!

2 comments:

  1. I spent all weekend cleaning (: And unfortunately, I'm one of those women who has been having terrible sleep. I'm so jealous of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the nesting!! Sorry you're having such trouble sleeping! I hope she gives you some relief these last few weeks and you can catch up a bit! Love your maternity pics!

      Delete

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...