Thursday, June 20, 2013

25 Weeks

This week has brought a renewed burst of energy and I am so thankful for it.  I was getting a little run down and exhausted with all the unpacking around the house and I really needed that inner drive to come back.  Speaking of things around the house, I am really looking forward to getting started on little girl's nursery.  I've been looking closely at the rug we bought in Morocco for her and thinking about the colors I want to draw from it.  Can't wait for it to start coming together because right now she just has PILES of things in there.

I also got a ton of clothes for her as you can see in this post from yesterday.  I am so excited about all the steals and can't wait to start putting things away in her drawers.  We also received an adorable outfit from my mom this week which I'm sure is the first of many to come ;-)  She is already planning a small shopping trip when I'm in Illinois next month and I'm a tad excited.

This week I've been doing a lot of reading about the Bradley method and natural childbirth.  Natural childbirth is something that's so important to me for so many reasons.  One I REALLY don't like the idea of a large needle in my spine and two its so much better for mom and baby.  I mean He created my body to do this.  Women have been doing this for hundreds of years.  On top of doing some reading I've looked into a Bradley class in the area.  As far as I'm concerned the price and the class are right on target.  Josh and I are struggling with the large time commitment it would require.  The class is an hour away and lasts 2 hours for a 12 week period.  With the drive it will take up about 4 hours of our Sunday.  Basically after church we will have to dash home or grab food and then take off for the class.  This limits our involvement at church among accomplishing things around the house.  I'm still on the fence but going to try to look at some other options at the hospital and in the area.  I'm hoping that the military offers something besides the standard "parent prep" classes that are typically found.

Little girl has been kicking up a storm lately.  I think she's still breech because the kicks are low in my abdomen.  She does get a bit shy when Josh puts his hand on my belly.  I feel bad for the guy because he's only felt her once or twice.  I swear she's in there!

Otherwise there's nothing new to report.  I still feel like I'm on track with my weight gain.  I know I need to get out more and exercise but its still so busy around the house.  I hope the laps I'm doing around the house count for something.  I'm getting excited for my upcoming appointment and can't believe that the third trimester is right around the corner.  I mean seriously didn't we just find out we were expecting?!

25 Weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...