Thursday, June 27, 2013

26 Weeks

This week has been both rewarding and tiring at the same time.  For the rewarding, Josh and I have really started to talk about what we want in terms of a birth plan.  Or more so I've been able sit down with him and express what my desires are.  I couldn't ask for a better husband as he's been really supportive of my desires and has also started to read some of the birth books too!

Today we got to tour the labor and delivery ward at the hospital.  I'm really encouraged by the overall feel of the hospital and how supportive they are of doing things how the parents want them to be done.  There were a lot of posters and literature around about how labor takes time and not to rush things with interventions.  Seriously music to my ears!  Right now the only variable seems to be the doctor.  I'm not sure if we can have our OB doc or if we will have to deliver with whomever is on call at the time.  This makes me nervous because I really like our doctor and his philosophy about birth.  I guess we're going to just have to hold our ground!

One of the best parts of this week was a surprise prenatal massage and pedicure from Josh for my birthday. Talk about amazing.  I definitely recommend it to all the mommas to be out there!  The spa had these amazing pillows that contoured to my belly and allowed me to essentially lay on my stomach.  I really wish they sold those to sleep with...

I guess the tiring part of this week is just getting bigger. I'm beginning to get really tired at the end of the day.  Thankfully the house is almost done and I can slow down a bit more.  Baby girl is still moving around in there plenty and has started pushing on certain parts of my body.  I can't really figure out what's pushing but I do get certain pressure points during the day.

We still haven't made any progress on the nursery or figuring out baby girl a name.  I'm not too worried yet and think we'll probably kick it into high gear around the end of next month.  Josh did get the crib set up and we have the mattress and sheets on it so that's a start.  I still want to rearrange the furniture a bit and maybe do a bit of decorating in there to make it special for her.  Can't believe that third trimester is literally around the corner!

Can't believe she's still got to "cook" another 12 weeks in there at least!

3 comments:

  1. Jen,
    You are looking fabulous. Can't wait to see you in about 3 weeks. Take it easy, girl.
    Kathy G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! I can't wait to see you guys too!!

      Delete
  2. Seriously, girl, you look amazing!!! So excited to see you!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...