Wednesday, October 28, 2015

29 Weeks with Baby #2

This week has been a little trying.  Monday started off with a serious stomach bug.  I was laid up basically all afternoon.  It was all I could do to hang in there till Mara was down for the night.  Pregnant with a toddler and no hubby = no bueno.  Tuesday I felt better but was still pretty nauseated all day.  Thankfully by Wednesday I was back to normal and was finally feeling like I was getting some energy back.

I've been going to bed super early this week but am not sure I'm actually getting any more sleep.  Mara's been up a lot with bad dreams and when she does sleep I'm up peeing.  Oh the joys of the third trimester.

This birth is starting to feel really real to me.  We have just over 10 weeks left and with those 10 weeks being the holidays I KNOW they are going to go fast.  With Mara's pregnancy I couldn't wait to get her here.  Each day felt like an eternity.  With this one I'm perfectly content to let her cook in there.  Not that we can't wait to snuggle this sweet little girl, it's just going fast.  Mama's of more than one know what I mean.

I have all the usual third trimester things.  So much so that it seems redundant to type them here.  I'm getting big, getting slower, tired, veins are large, etc.  You know the drill.

This week I'm finally trying to do some nursery projects.  I want her nursery to be special too.  I remember obsessing over Mara's and that's typical of a first baby.  But I want to hers to have the same special thought out touches.  I'm doing the same colors (red, yellow and teal) mainly because I don't want to rebuy bedding but actually doing a theme this time.  With Mara I utilized different patterns and went with it.  Here I want to do a bit of a travel theme.  Josh has this sweet airplane that I thought we'd hang up if we ever had a boy but then I thought why can't it be in a girl's room too?  So we'll do that and I'm going to make some clouds to hang next to it too as a make shift mobile.  Her artwork is centered around paper airplanes, hot air balloons and pin wheels.  Just simple and whimsy.

For comparison 29 weeks with Mara!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...