Sunday, December 6, 2015

Tot School-Opposites

This week we are talking about Opposites!  Hot/cold, Tall/short, full/empty, etc.  We had a busy week this week so I didn't get too excited about planning a lot of activities.

Monday we started with the difference between dirty and clean.  I had Mara trace her hands out of construction paper.  I cut them out and then she pasted them on another sheet of paper.  I then gave her a brown crayon and told her to color her dirty hands.  We then took a blue do a dot marker and put "water" on her clean hands.  She did amazing and really seemed to understand the difference.


Lately Mara has been really vocal about "Ready, Set, Go".  She says it all the time and understands the meaning.  To emphasize this I made two signs, one said Go and the other Stop.  We had fun running when I was holding up the Go sign and Stopping when I held up the Stop sign.

Tuesday we were out of the house most of the morning at a play date and running errands.  We did manage to fit in an activity in the afternoon.  We did a hard vs. soft sort.  I had pom poms and spiky balls in a bin and gave her two different tupper wares.  It took a lot of encouragement but she eventually sorted the balls.



On Wednesday we talked about the difference between empty and full by using a gumball machine do a dot.  I printed a worksheet with two empty gumball machines side by side.  I gave her do a dot markers and explained that one was fun and one was empty.  We had fun filling the full one and then talking about the difference when we were done.  She really liked this and wanted to do it again.


Her legos are out virtually everyday so we took advantage of them by building high and low towers.  She is a builder and loved making the tall one.  We then took it down and made a short one.




The rest of the week was kind of a flop.  We tried to keep talking about opposites and continuously read her Usborne Lift the Flap Opposite book.  Next week is a bit slower for us and we are excited to talk about all things winter!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...