Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas 2015

Christmas this year was pretty great.  Mara (thankfully) isn't quite at the wake up early age yet so we got to sleep in till after 8:30.  Before going down to start our own Christmas we skyped with my mom and let Mara open up two presents from her.  Minnie's camper was a huge hit and Mara loves carrying Minnie around everywhere we go.


After skyping we went downstairs to start our own family Christmas.  I had planned on letting Mara open all her presents first but it was almost like pulling teeth to get her interested.  lol  I think this is because we gave her our big present first or more so we didn't wrap it so she wanted to jump on her trampoline all morning.  So we did a present here and there while Josh and I opened from each other.

Mara seemed to love all of the presents she received but has been enthralled by her trampoline, dollhouse (from aunt Mary), picnic table (from Uncle Joe) and sorting cupcakes from Mommy and Daddy.



I'm in love with my pots and pans from my parents and Josh is super excited to use the brewing supplies they sent him as well.



After Christmas presents were opened we had a lazy lunch followed by naps for all!  My kind of day! :)  For dinner we headed to old town and indulged at Organique, a small specialty beef restaurant.  It was absolutely delicious!


I'm so thankful for the true meaning of Christmas and getting to celebrate our Savior's birth.  I am so so happy that we were able to spend this holiday together as a family of three.  Family makes the season and I am so grateful for my little (but growing) one!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...