Thursday, December 10, 2015

36 Weeks with Baby #2

Well folks that's 9 months.  Gosh I can't even believe we're here and yet I'm so ready to be done.  I really hate wishing this pregnancy away but it is hard to be pregnant with a toddler!  Everything just aches.  I'm still getting the rib pain occasionally and most nights.  Getting around is getting harder and harder especially with Mara not understanding that I can't carry her everywhere.

This week I went to my first and last doctors appointment.  Yes I said last.  I totally thought I would be seeing my delivery doctor a few more times like they do in the states but apparently not.  I went in they took my pulse and blood pressure, looked at my labs and ultrasounds and deemed me good to go :)

I will go back after Christmas and get some blood work done but that is it.  I just call her when I am in labor and we'll go from there.  I kind of appreciate this hand's off approach and I was dreading getting to and from appointments with Mara and no car.  It's hard dragging her to and from in a taxi.

I was a little disappointed with my doctor's response to getting out of the hospital early after I have the baby.  They usually make their patients wait THREE days in the hospital before they discharge them.  I have no idea why but I asked if I could leave after a day or so if both me and the baby were doing well.  I was politely told no.  WELL....we'll see :)  Frankly I'd rather be recovering at my own home than in the hospital.  Also I really don't want to be away from Mara for that long.  I think it would be hard on her and Josh.  I don't think it's the best transition to having a new sibling.

For comparison 36 weeks with Mara!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...