Saturday, January 3, 2015

Toddler Must Haves

Toddler.  Do I really have a toddler?  It seems just like yesterday I was reflecting on some of our favorite newborn and infant products.

Now that Mara is older our list of must haves has definitely changed a bit.  Surprisingly enough, there are still some products that have withstood the test of time and are still making the list 15 months later.

Here are some of our go to products for day to day life!  *note these are my own opinions and I was not compensated for my thoughts*

Eating

Boon Plates-I'm not sure Mara has an opinion about these plates but I love them.  They have a non-slip edge which makes them harder for her to throw on the ground move.  They have three different sized wells which makes for decent serving proportioning.  Boon also makes these plates in a large size with four wells which we may get eventually!

Snap Bibs-This WAHM started this company after seeing a need for her own child.  I stumbled upon these bibs after seeing how difficult the standard bib was clean and how easily Mara could take it off.  I've never looked back.  These are my go to, all around favorite bib.  They have a sturdy snap that Mara cannot get off and wipe clean super easy.  My favorite aspect of this bib is that it can be thrown in the wash!


Sleeping

Tight Fitting PJs-After reading about flame retardant that is now common on children's pjs, I was adamant about Mara's pjs not having it.  We don't have a favorite brand per say but Mara owns numerous pairs from Children's Place, Carters and Old Navy.  We have recently moved away from footie pjs for the older two piece option.

Bathing

Rubber Ducky Tub-We have had this tub since Mara was old enough to sit up in her infant tub.  We use it everyday as a water saving alternative to the larger bath tub as well as a convenient travel option.  The tub easily deflates and packs really small in a suitcase.  We tried to move Mara to the big tub after she stood up a few times but she was really terrified so we reverted back to the duck!

Hooded Towels-Again we don't have a favorite brand but I love to wrap Mara up in a hooded towel after a bath.  We have a few in fun animal prints and even a few from my childhood that still fit her.

On The Go

Ergo-The Ergo has been on my baby must have list from the beginning.  It is my all time go to for long carries and now that Mara is on the move, containment.  In the toddler years all Mara wants to do is run around on her own.  I can pick her up kicking and screaming, throw her in the Ergo and she instantly calms down.

Ring Sling-I have had my sling since about 5 months and I still love it 10 months later.  I can still comfortably carry Mara around in it for shorter periods of time and regularly still use it as a nursing cover.

Britax Stroller-With Mara getting bigger, I find myself utilizing our stroller more and more.  Mara does awesome while the stroller is in motion so we regularly use it for long walks and shopping adventures.  The Britax B-Agile is a perfect blend of an all-terrain and a regular stroller and definitely meets our needs.

Playtime

Radio Flyer-We bought this ride on for Mara's first birthday.  It took her about a month to figure out how to use it but now she flies around the house on this thing.  I love watching her burn out around corners and get up to speed.  The best part of this toy is that it will grow with her.  Not only does the handle bars raise as she gets taller but the whole ride-on will convert to a scooter when she is ready for it.

Music Table-We have had this toy since Mara was 6 months and she has loved it the entire time.  We started without legs when she couldn't stand.  Put the legs back on when she could stand and now watch her push it around the house.  She still loves all the music and dances along as she pushes the buttons.

Books-We are obsessed with books in this house.  Picture books, sound books, board books.  We have them all.  Mara loves to be read to as well as read on her own.  Our library is constantly growing and I love watching her so intent on the story within the pages.

Push Walker-We got this push walker for Mara when she was around 6 months as well.  At that point she could sit by it and play with the things on the front.  Now she mainly uses to run around the house.  It was essential when Mara was learning to walk to give her stability and she loves using it to chase Buddy around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...