Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Whole 30 Wrap-Up

So I guess you could call my plan the Whole-24 as I didn't quite make it to the 30 day mark.  That being said I think I learned a ton about my body and my relationship with food.

I was addicted to sugar plain and simple.  Along with the hidden amounts in practically every food I was eating, I was choosing high sugar snacks in between meals.  Now if I have more than one sweet item at a time I immediately get a stomach ache and my drive for sugar in general is way down.

My cravings have changed as well.  I now think in terms of veggies and protein versus my favorite sweet and savory snacks.  Even after the end of this program, I find myself still making eggs for breakfast everyday.  My dinners still consist of mainly protein and veggies with a few modifications in there.

What has really surprised me is I have no desire to add in dairy and bread back into my diet.  In fact my stomach gets a tad nauseous at the mere thought.  This has blown my mind as cutting out dairy when Mara was born was so hard for me.  I missed cheese so much.  Now not so much.

The other day I did my first non-Whole 30 grocery run and was super surprised as to what ended up in my cart.  I thought for sure I would go back to my old favorites.  I didn't.  I wasn't even tempted.  Sure I added a few things in there.  I got some sour cream and dark chocolate.  But for the most part my cart was mainly the protein, vegetable and fruit standards I was used to.  I didn't even look twice at the soda aisle.

This kind of diet isn't realistic for me in the long term.  One I don't know what it will look like when Josh gets home and two I found some of the rules on the program confining.  But that being said I think I need to eat close to this and want to eat close to this for the long term.  Oh and it didn't hurt that I lost a total of 12.5 pounds and 6 inches.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...