Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Life Lately

Life has been super busy lately which good and bad.  Mara is enrolled in both ballet and music class on post.  It's been so much fun experiencing these classes with her.  She's been doing really great in both following direction and paying close attention.  She's so reserved in new environments that it's hard to tell how much she enjoys these times quite yet.  On a side note I never would have classified Mara as shy until watching how she has entered into these new experiences.

I just started a new bible study at church.  After about a month break our little women's group is back at it and diving into Mark.  I'm super excited to get started and love Tuesday mornings with these ladies.  Hopefully Mara will do better in the nursery than she did today so I can get more out of it!

My mom and aunt are coming to visit next week.  They decided a few weeks ago to make the trek down and we couldn't be more excited.  Mara is going to LOVE having two more people to read books to her and play with her.  Hope they are ready for it!!

I just got out my new sewing machine and am super excited to start creating!  I was a little nervous about it as I don't know much about sewing machine.  I'm kind of a jump in type of girl and the fact that I had to actually read the directions on this one was putting me off.  Yesterday I finally did it and can't wait to start turning that pile of fabric into fun things!

I'm still trudging trekking along on this whole 30 plan.  The first few days were super hard and I experienced some crazy withdraw symptoms.  The last few days I have just kind of been indifferent about it.  Yes a cookie still sounds good but I'm not reaching for one yet.  The draw of a healthier body is still a bit stronger.  I do have some serious temptation coming up in the form of a few parties and my family's visit so we'll see.  My body seems leaner but I'm not completely sure.  Right now I'm kind of at the point where I'm going to eat all the compliant food in my fridge and then see how I feel (no wasting that expensive produce!) Probably not the best attitude but that's where I am right now.

Tomorrow or more so tonight we're supposed to have freezing rain.  So my northern roots have completely rotted away.  I don't do winter anymore so Mara and I will be hibernating until it all goes away aka Thursday.

So Josh is coming home soon.  We are so excited for him to be back but this remaining time just seems to drag on and on.  Hopefully being as busy we are it will go quickly and he will be in our arms again soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...