Sunday, January 25, 2015

A Family Visit

This past week my mom and aunt Mary came down from Illinois for a quick visit.  It was a last minute visit but we were so excited to see them!

Usually when they come down we plan at least one major shopping day but this time we kind of laid low.  The first day we headed onto post for Mara's music class.  Mara lite up having her Grandma and Aunt in the class.  She quickly abandoned me to sit by them.  I have also never seen her more engaged in the class.  She was clapping along and slapping her thighs.

After class we headed out to run some errands around town.  I had a few Christmas gift cards still left and I was ready to go shopping!  Our first stop was Toys R Us for Mara.  What child doesn't love a toy store...especially with your Grandma in tow!  Mara came out with two new toys both of which have animals and music, two of her favorite things.

Loving her new toys

We then hit the book store, another major hit with Mara.  She was in heaven bringing me book after book.  I grabbed a few for myself (I can't remember the last time I read a book) and a few for her.  The last stop of the day was to Lowe's where I picked up a few supplies for an upcoming project for Mara.

Friday was more low key.  Mom and Mary hung out at the house with Mara while I ran to the mall and had lunch with a few friends.  It was so refreshing to be out of the house on my own and I know Mara was  having a blast at home.

Grandma reads great stories

Saturday we planned more shopping (have I mentioned that my mom loves to shop?) I wanted to use the rest of my gift cards at Kohl's, Old Navy, and Target.  The day went off without a hitch.  Mara was the perfect shopper sleeping through Kohl's and chasing after Aunt Mary in Old Navy.  We picked up a few new pieces for me and some clearance items for Mara.  Mara even sweet talked Grandma into a Mickey stuffed animal.  (She has been obsessed with Mickey recently)

Yum Chocolate for dessert

We really enjoyed this trip only wishing it could have been longer!  Mara kept them both running around.  She was super engaged and I loved watching her with them.  By the end of their visit she was looking for them in every room and choosing them over Mama for book reading and playtime.  We are already looking forward to the next visit!  Come back soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...