Saturday, January 10, 2015

Mara Starts Ballet

I've never been the mom who dreams of their little girl taking ballet.  I danced in high school but never had any expectations for Mara.  With Josh deployed we get a certain amount of credit for classes on base and they just happen to have a ballet class for Mara's age group.

I was a little surprised that they had ballet for kids her age but signed her up nevertheless.  This past Tuesday was our first class.  I dressed her up in her little black leotard and pink tights (gush sigh there was nothing cuter!) and we headed into the studio.  

The class was structured to be a parent and me class with the parents taking part in every portion of it.  The instructor told us that her main goal was to have the girls follow instruction and develop some rhythm.  

We practiced pretty hands and a few feet positions.  We tiptoed and stomped around the room while waving our scarves.  We even tried balancing a bean bag on our head.  

Mara wasn't completely sure, as always.  It usually takes her a bit to warm up to a situation.  She did do well despite this following instruction and making some attempts at the moves.  


Overall I'm glad we have her enrolled.  We found out that there is an end of the year recital in June.  We've already decided to have Mara participate and I cannot wait to see her dressed up in her recital dress on stage!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...