Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My Love of Hammocks

There's nothing better about spending the afternoon relaxing in the hammock.  About a month ago I won a hammock from Allison over at Nestful of Love.  I've been following Allison's blog since I started on this blogging adventure a few years ago.  I love reading about her and her husband's hiking adventures as we also love exploring and camping.

The hammock was sewn by her talented sister over at Sew inn Love and we took it out for a test "drive" on our last camping trip.  First of all I love the color.  The mint green works well on our screened in porch as well as hides the dirt in the outdoors.  My second rush of love came when I was packing it up to go.  It conveniently stuffs into an attached side pocket making it super compact and perfect for camping.  I have a secret love for how camping stuff is so compact and folds up perfectly.  This hammock played into that obsession perfectly.

It went up super easy between the two trees

When we got to camp we strung it up between two trees and I was so surprised how easily it went up.  The loops sewn into the end were great for securing it between the trees and we didn't have to use the additional hooks and string we had brought for the purpose.

We took it for a test "swing" and never looked back.  I love having the option to throw this in with our camping gear and am looking forward to many more camping trips with it!

Josh enjoying the morning in the hammock

Thanks Allison!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...