Wednesday, August 14, 2013

33 Weeks

This week has been super busy.  I've been slowly getting a few baby essentials here and there.  Yesterday I hit up the largest children's consignment sale in the area and made bank.  I got a highchair, swing, jumper, bumbo, and tons of little items all for $250!  The large items alone would have cost me that if I would have bought them new.  What I loved about this sale was how organized it was and how "like new" every item was.  They are very picky about what they take checking warranties and condition and it shows! I am so excited to organize it today.

We also took some maternity photos this week.  Josh is amazing behind the camera so we set up shop in the house and got some great portrait shots.  We still have some more to do as the light was fading fast but I'm excited to see the finished products.  I'm excited to finish them up this weekend.

Last night we had our third birth class and it was by far the best one yet.  Besides the general information that we get at every class this one was focused on relaxation techniques.  We brought our birthing ball and pillows and got to work!  I really enjoyed trying some of the techniques and finding what was most comfortable.  Our instructor also tried to work muscles that would normally tire in labor to get us thinking about what work we needed to do before the delivery day.  I'm actually surprised that I'm not super sore this morning.  I can see where I need to work on stretching and stamina but overall I think I'm doing great.

We also got to talk to the doula we are thinking of hiring.  She was at the birth class to introduce herself and help out with the techniques.   She gave us some good tips about positions that would most likely work for me during birth based on my body shape and complimented me on my pilate positions.  Guess all that dancing in high school paid off!  We're meeting with her again next week and we'll see what we think.

In general I still feel pretty good.  Sure I feel big but I'm getting used to my new shape.  Baby girl is head butting my bladder and loving sticking her feet up in my ribs.  She just likes her space in there.  I can't believe she's going to be here in approximately 7 weeks.  That's less than 50 days!  Where did the time go?!  As nervous as that makes me feel, we are so excited to meet this little girl and cannot wait for her to get here.  (But if she wants to wait till October, this momma-to-be isn't going to complain :)

Belly is growing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...