Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wedding Preperations

Despite being pretty organized we've had a few minor mishaps finishing up wedding stuff these past few weeks.  I've come to the conclusion that it just might be a rite of passage for all weddings.  Nothing can be that simple right?!

Thus far we've had a few orders come in wrong.  Nothing major but all had to be returned and the right items rushed delivered.  The biggest thing thus far has been my engagement ring.  When I got back to the states I noticed that one of the prongs holding in a small diamond was sticking up.  It wasn't a huge deal but was really annoying poking into my pinky finger.  I took the ring back to the shop and asked them to send it in to get fixed.  They promised that it would get in this Monday but when I came in there was no ring.  From here the delivery date was extended to Wednesday (today) where again NO RING.  Now they are saying Friday.  I'm just praying that it comes in.  I guess you don't need your engagement ring to get married but I would sure like it.  I never get to wear it and now that I have the opportunity too, I miss it.  

Besides the ring, everything else seems to be falling into place.  We've confirmed everything with all the vendors, picked up my dress, wrapped gifts, picked up the programs, got Josh's uniformed cleaned, etc.   Our family starts arriving tomorrow and we are just so thankful to be able to spend Thanksgiving with them.  Josh and I were saying it is such a blessing!  Not only do we get to spend some time with family but we get to have a bit of a relaxing day before it gets hectic.

Despite any mishaps, I am still super excited for Sunday.  I can't believe how fast its come and that we are within the one week mark.  Happy wedding week!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...