Thursday, November 8, 2012

From Garden to Table Part 5

The pumpkin baking continues.....This weekend we had a lot of potluck meals and BBQ with friends so of course that meant I was in the kitchen baking (not that I mind one bit!).  I decided to finish up the remaining pumpkin from Josh's birthday pie with a treat of his choice.

He wanted pumpkin bars and after searching the internet I finally found one that was up to his liking.  These weren't the traditional bars as I would think of them but more so a pumpkin pie cut up into squares.  I made an oat and peanut base and then topped them with more peanuts and pistachios.


They ended up being a big hit and I was able to get rid of two plates.  This is always my goal with baking as I know I'll end up eating it if it comes home with me.  We still have one more plate in the fridge but I've tasked Josh to take care of that ;-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...