Friday, November 9, 2012

Holiday Traditions

I'm a sucker for holiday traditions whether its what is served at Thanksgiving or hanging stockings by the fireplace in December.  I almost had a fit last year when my mom suggested not putting up the Christmas tree to the point where I put the whole thing up by myself.  I mean it just wasn't the same without the tree!

With our marriage and the holidays around the corner, I can't help but wonder what our holiday traditions will be.  Even though I can be a bit of a stickler for traditions once they're in place, I understand that we're going to have to a period where we are just starting those traditions and combining some from our families.  For example, we'll be spending our first Christmas together in Kenya.  That alone will be a new experience!  I'm kind of curious how a Christmas with no tree, no snow, etc. is going to feel like.

So in my quest for holiday traditions (and need for something to keep me busy) I came across these cross-stitched stocking ornaments and decided that they might be a neat idea.  I'm a sucker for anything homemade that has a meaning.  After about two months I have successfully stitched all 30 of the mini stockings.  Now I just have to cut out the stocking shape and sew the fronts to the backs.  Hopefully I will finish these by Christmas but I'm not going to hold my breath.  Its a lot of work and I'm not that handy with a sewing machine.
I didn't get him in the photo but Buddy was right there trying!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...