Saturday, November 28, 2015

Tot School-Thanksgiving

This week our theme was....THANKSGIVING!  hahaha surprise surprise.  I knew this week would be extra busy with food prep, shopping and just enjoying time together so I didn't go crazy planning a lot of activities for Mara.

On Sunday, in church, Mara did a cornucopia of things she was thankful for.  Of course this is all relative as she is two but it was cute none the less.  AND fit seamlessly into our week's theme.

Monday we started off with our usual coloring page.  She was really into the turkey I printed out and helped me color all the feathers and body.


The real star of the week was our next activity.  I created a paper punch turkey where I punched out stars out of the different color feathers.  I then adhered contact paper behind the punch outs so she could re-attach them.  She quickly matched all the stars to the right color feathers and wanted to do it again!  Unfortunately this was a one and done craft but she seem satisfied to put it on the fridge for display.


On Tuesday we did a twist on a do-a-dot worksheet.  I printed off a pumpkin pie and gave her a bowl of cotton balls and scooper.  I asked her to put the "whip cream" on the pie.  I think she did one cotton ball.  Total dud.


The afternoon's project was much better as we did lego-stamping Indian corn.  I gave her a blank piece of paper, stamp pads, and legos.  I asked her to stamp the legos all over the paper.  After she was done we cut out corn shapes and glued husks on them.  She really loved this and took special interest in running the glue stick.


Wednesday was a busy but I did lay out a pilgrim do a dot for her.  She ignored it most of the day but I came home to see it finished from our anniversary dinner.  We also traced our hands onto the etch a sketch and made turkeys out of them!

On Thursday we celebrated Thanksgiving and Friday we rounded the week off with a turkey themed door hanger.  My mom sent these foam craft kits earlier in the year and I finally got to put this one to use.  Mara loved it.  There were two in the package so we both did one.  She loved peeling the backings off the sticker and making her turkey.  She was so proud to hang it on the door when she was done.

This week was short but I'm glad we were able to get in as many activities as we did.  Mara seemed to really grasp that turkey was a big thing making the "gobble gobble" sound all week.  Next week we are moving on to opposites!  We'll explore a lot of different concepts such as wet/dry, soft/hard, fast/slow etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...