Monday, November 2, 2015

30 Weeks with Baby #2

This week marks a countdown of sorts.  10 more weeks till this little girl is here.  I'm surprisingly feeling ok.  I still feel pretty run down and tired most days but we're getting through.  Insomnia is huge for me now.  I've been taking meltoninto help me fall asleep and have a hard time falling back asleep when I wake up in the middle in the night.  It doesn't help that Mara has been up at least once a night this week.

We officially switched to Chavchava clinic this week.  I made an appointment with who will be my prenatal doctor.  They do things a little different here so you have one doctor for prenatal things and another starting at 36 weeks.  I met both and am happy with my choices.  I'll likely stay at the embassy for at least one more appointment before fully going "on the economy" though.  

Today we also got to see the little girl again.  At my first appointment with the new doctors they were shocked that I hadn't had an ultrasound since 20 weeks.  They asked for one to check circulation and size and I said that was fine.  What was really neat was that they had a 4D machine and we got some close ups of her face.  She looks so much like Mara!  

The doctors had me going for awhile as they spoke in Georgian and kept pointing to her face.  Turns out she was biting her lip and they thought this was adorable.  They also gushed over how beautiful she is.  Now if they are just saying that I have no idea, but I guess they see a lot of babies! 

We also confirmed that she is indeed a girl.  The first techs seemed a little bit skeptical so I wanted to ask again.  This time they were pretty confident.  Her head is also up.  At this point (or before) Mara was already head down.  I'm sure she'll turn but it makes me a tad nervous.

For comparison 30 weeks with Mara!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...