Sunday, November 22, 2015

The Marine Ball

Josh and I attended the Marine Corps Birthday Ball a few years ago (you can read about it here) in Kenya and were excited to go to another here in Georgia.  The Marine Corps always throw a huge birthday celebration and I love that we've had the opportunity to go to two of them.  I love the traditions of the military and really enjoy seeing the Marine Corps traditions in action.


This ball seemed grander than that of Kenya.  Everyone was dressed to the nines.  We enjoyed a quick cocktail hour followed by the official ceremony.  The unit flew in an Iwo Jima vet for the event as it was also the anniversary of the battle.  The ambassador spoke as well as the unit commander.  


We enjoyed a great sit down dinner followed by dancing.  Despite my massive pregnant self we even hit the dance floor for a bit.



Overall it was a great night out!  Josh and I don't get a lot of time just the two of us and to get to have that plus dress up for a ball...well it was really fun.  I can't wait till next year so we can go again!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...