Sunday, March 16, 2014

Hugs & Kisses Round 2

*My first experience with Hugs & Kisses can be found here

The Hugs & Kisses Consignment sale is one of the largest child sales in the Fayetteville area.  They have everything you'd need from birth to junior high!

Again I was stressing a little bit about getting some of the bigger ticket items on our list but had high hopes because a friend of mine had given me a pass that would allow me to shop two hours earlier than what I had planned. Consignment sales are great for the savings but definitely get overwhelming with the number of people grabbing things.  I'm usually 50/50 going into the sale.  50% excited. 50% stressed.

This year I was extra nervous because I had to take Mara with me.  I knew this sale ment at least an extra 30 minutes waiting in line before my designated time and then up to two hours shopping and check out time.  I didn't know if she would last that long.

Well I didn't give my girl enough credit.  It was me who was at my last straw by the end of the day.  I swear I was doing circles in the building making sure I didn't forget something.  Not to mention I accidently deleted half of my list and couldn't for the life of me remember what was on it.  (Pregnancy brain has permanently been replaced with mom brain) To top it off the big ticket items we wanted were all sold by the time we got there!

Despite some anxiety, we did pick up a lot of feeding supplies, clothes, and toys for the next few months all at great prices that saved us probably more money than we actually spent.  I even braved the crowds again for the 50% off sale the last day picking up some more outfits. (My girl has too much clothes)

I complain a bit but really this sale is a huge blessing.  We are able to get everything we need for Mara at a reduced price and still in excellent condition!  Childrens items are so expensive now a days and kids go through things so fast.  Its great to know that we are saving that money instead.

I didn't take a photo but here's a brief rundown of what we were able to pick up:

1 swaddler 6-12 month
3 suction bowls with lids
5 feeding spoons
1 squeeze and feed spoon
8 sippy cups
2 mesh feeders
Numerous dresses and outfits for 9 and 12 months
3 cloth diapers
Toy telephone
toy piano
wooden bead maze
place mat
push activity cart
pull up to standing play station
2 pairs of sandals
1 pair of baby keens
1 Clemson cheerleading outfit
1 swim float
2 bathing suits
1 sand pail
1 teething necklace
1 bib









No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...