Saturday, March 22, 2014

Grandma

On March 20, my grandma passed away.  She was 86 years old.  She too had been going downhill steadily and really lost the will to fight anymore after the passing of my grandpa a few weeks later.  Don't they say that happens so often?  When two people have been together for so long and one passes away.  They kind of loose everything they were living for.

I wanted to pay similar tribute to my grandma and list a few memories of her that I will always hold close.


  • She could talk your ear off.  I would always go up to visit her when I was home but she'd do the majority of the talking.
  • She loved to read and do puzzles.  She usually had both a good book started a puzzle pieces scattered around the living room.
  • She found meaning in everything.  Yes she was a bit of a hoarder but she also kept treasured family pieces and loved to share the story behind things.
  • She loved my grandpa more than anything and fought a hard battle at the end to be able to be home with him and take care of him.
  • She always had her hair done on the top of her head neatly covered with mesh scarf.
  • She would head to town every Friday without fail to do her errands.
  • She loved garage sales and normally had a list of ones she wanted to hit up.
  • Her and grandpa had a thing for Ziggies and could usually be found there on a Sunday afternoon.  We even had their 50th wedding anniversary there.
  • She was an amazing gardener.  She grew the most beautiful flowers in the multiple beds around the house.


Again I am so thankful for the many years I had her in my life.  I am so thankful that she was able to be at school events and graduation.  I am so thankful that she was able to be at our wedding.  I am so thankful that she got to meet and HOLD Mara.  Love you gram.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...