Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Daddy Daughter Love

From a self proclaimed Daddy's girl, it just makes my heart melt to see Josh and Mara's relationship blossom.  There is something special about that relationship.  Your dad is the first man you ever love.  The man you compare all men to.  He's your rock and you know he will always be there no matter how hard you fall.

There are things only a Daddy can teach.  Lessons that she will remember forever and some she will wish she could forget.  There will be times when she won't understand his firmness but will be thankful for it in the long run.  He'll drop her off at her first day of school.  He'll kiss her cut when she falls.  He'll cheer her on at her first sport event.  He'll take her car keys away some day.  He'll walk her down the aisle.  He'll shed a tear (or a few) when she lets go of his hand.


This girl loves her daddy.  She can be having the roughest day and then just lights up when Josh walks through the door.  She turns when she hears his voice and looks for him in a crowded room.  Her smile for him just fills my heart with so much joy.


I love watching her reach for him and just look up into his face.  He is the only one who can constantly make her laugh and she loves nothing more then when her daddy gets down on the floor to play with her.


Watching these two love each other is seriously the most amazing thing.  I loved Josh before we had Mara but I didn't know my capacity to love him until I saw him with her.  He is the best daddy to her.


I'm so lucky to have these two in my life and cannot wait to see their relationship continue to grow and blossom.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...