Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pumpkin Patch

Two weeks ago we went to a local pumpkin patch with another couple from church.  I had been talking about wanting to go for awhile and we finally found a weekend that was free.  I know Mara won't remember her first pumpkin patch experience but I still had this strong desire to start making memories like these as a family of three.

We had a really nice time.  We started off in the corn maze.  If you have ever played the board game clue, the corn maze was kind of set up like that.  You had to figure out who killed farmer joe and we enjoyed wandering the paths trying to find the clues.

After we were finished we headed out into the pumpkin patch and grabbed the perfect pumpkin.  By then Mara was awake and looking around.  Poor girl was blinded by the sun but still wanted to see what all the commotion was about.  We grabbed our pumpkin, took a few pictures and then headed back home.

Overall it was a great day.  I know that by next Halloween Mara will be able to enjoy the pumpkin patch much more but it was fun to take her for her first trip anyways.  It was fun for us to see the world through her eyes!

Going through the maze

Mara and mom

She looks so tiny here

Mara's first pumpkin patch

Mara and her daddy

It was so bright so she had to borrow Josh's glasses

This is what I deal with every time I wear her. My little girl needs to see the world.

Family pick

Soaking in the sun

The pumpkin is bigger than her

Happy Halloween

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...