Sunday, October 27, 2013

Newborn Must Haves

I was pretty skeptical about all the baby products out there on the market.  I think it came from the sticker shock of how much everything costs.  You drop $50 here and $50 there and before you know it you've spent thousands of dollars on this little one.  I mean how much does a small baby actually need?!

That being said my philosophy was to be prepared but not over prepared.  I tried to only purchase items that I thought (after much research) that we absolutely needed to have.  We were also really blessed to receive most of these things as gifts or hand me downs.

But anyways here's Mara's favorite things, month 1:

1. Moby Wrap




My sister in law gave me this wrap and I have to say its one of our favorite things thus far.  Mara will nap in this giving me both hands free to do things around the house.  This lets me not feel guilty for putting her down and still be able to check things off of my to-do-list.  I've also used this to go grocery shopping and we put her in this last weekend at the pumpkin patch.  The only downside is she loves to look around so if she's awake she will crane her neck and body to see what's going on.

2. Rock 'N' Play



I bought this after many recommendations from other moms.  They claimed this really helped with acid reflux and was the only way their babies would sleep.  I'm not sure about the acid reflux but I do love how easy this folds up and how secure I feel she is in it sleeping.  We used this the first couple of weeks as her bassinet.  I'd like to get her back to using it but with her latest bout of gas she likes the swing to sleep in.

3. Swing



We have a glider swing that also vibrates.  Right now Mara sleeps mainly in this as it seems to really help with her gas.  The vibration button is a lifesaver and will usually get me another hour of sleep in the mornings when she is a bit fussy and just wants to be held.

4. Swaddle Blankets


Although Mara doesn't like to be swaddled, these blankets are perfect for covering her up at night and on the go.  They are lightweight but warm and seriously are the softest things.  I'd like the adult version!

5. Stroller



We love our Britax B-Agile stroller.  Its the perfect combination of heavy duty and regular stroller for our lifestyle.  We've taken it to through a corn maze at the pumpkin patch and just to a restaurant at dinner. I love how we can just snap the car seat right in and we're good to go.  Mara instantly falls asleep in it which is a huge plus in my book.

6. Mommy & Daddy

All of the above items are things that honestly just make our lives as new parents easier.  Sure Mara does seem to enjoy some of them but they really just help Josh and I out.  I do know for sure that her favorite things currently are us.  She knows that Mommy has food and comfort and she rarely wants to be out of my arms.  She will stare at Daddy forever and just seems to take him in.  Naps with him are the greatest!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...