Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pumpkin Carving

The pumpkin we picked at the pumpkin patch was just calling to be carved.  Of course we couldn't do just a simple face, so we searched the internet for a design that we both loved.  We ended up deciding on a skeleton design that had some pretty hard details.

Josh cleans out the pumpkin guts

Transferring the image

Mara's real excited about pumpkin carving

Josh did the dirty work and scooped out all the seeds out while Mara and I watched.  From there I used a push pin to transfer the design to the pumpkin and then we started carving!!  We didn't really have the best tools for this design.  Although those carving kits are expensive, they have the best carving tool that really helps you get into the tight spaces.  We had to use a paring knife and ended up with a few mistakes along the way.

Mom & Dad you're crazy

With our "little pumpkin"

The excitement is too much for her

Josh and I took turns carving and in about an hour we had a pumpkin!!  I grabbed a candle and we turned off the lights to admire our handy work.

Josh takes over the carving

I try my hand at it

The finished product
Mara slept through most of it but it was fun to carve our first pumpkin as a family of three.  I'm guessing next year she'll be a little more interested in helping!

Success!

Next year she'll be a little more interested

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...