Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Baby Shower

The Friday before Mara was born the ladies on our street threw me the sweetest baby shower.  It all started one afternoon when I was out walking trying to stay active and honestly trying to get labor going when I ran into Cara.  She asked me if I had my baby shower yet because she had a few infant things that I could have if I wanted.  I told her that I didn't think I was going to have a shower as my family was out of town.

The ladies on the block thought this was unacceptable.  They all rallied and threw something together in less than a week.  I felt so blessed that they would do this for me when honestly I had only met some of them once, others not at all!  Everyone brought over a dish to share and we just enjoyed sitting around and chatting.

I got some great advice on baby items and parenting.  It was also a great time to get to know the ladies on the block and I am looking forward to getting together more in the future.

Mara got some amazing things that we are already using!  She got some adorable clothes including some sleepers that have been indispensable.  I can't wait to dress her up in some of the halloween things.  We also got some toys, a humidifier and this great recordable book.  Josh is really excited about the book as its something he can record and "read" to her when/if he has to deploy next year.

Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures at the shower itself but I did take a photo of all the loot we scored.  Its so great to know that we have an extended family here on our street.  I am looking forward to great friendships and more girl's nights to come!!

Huge thanks to the ladies on the block.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...