Wednesday, October 23, 2013

New Mommy Must Haves

Your body takes a bit of a toll after giving birth.  I believe that giving birth completely naturally really sped up my recovery time but there were some products that I couldn't have lived without.  


I loved it during my pregnancy and I still love it.  When my stomach was going back to normal, I developed some stretch marks.  The bio oil has really reduced the visibility of them and I hope that continued use will make them disappear.



This stuff is amazing.  Its an all natural spray that really helps with swelling down there after giving birth.  I went through two bottles of this stuff and still use it.  It immediately gives me relief and I love that its all natural.  


3. Sweatpants

I mean what new mom doesn't live in sweatpants the first few days weeks.  I bought a new pair from target but mainly I've been living in my lounge pants.  I have broken out my jeans but my hips are still a bit too large for them still.



I thought I would hate these reusable breast pads but I was sorely mistaken.  They are so soft and although I mainly use disposable during the day, I love them at night.

5. Homemade Nipple Cream/ Lanolin


Lanolin is the usual go to for sore nipple relief for breastfeeding moms and I totally agree with its healing powers.  Lately though it hasn't been enough.  My sister-in-law gave me a tip about a homemade concoction and its my new favorite when you need something a bit more "heavy duty".  Its basically an equal parts hydrocortisone cream, antifungal cream and antibiotic ointment.  It has given me SO MUCH relief.  


I don't know what I would do without this thing.  I guess I would have really sore arms.  I've gotten to the point where most times I just rest her on the pillow while she nurses.  This way I have one or both arms free to do other things.  


7. Water Bottle

I am still dragging this thing everywhere I go.  I'm trying to think of it as when she drinks I drink.  My water intake has definitely decreased with her birth just because I am so busy but I know to keep up my supply I need to keep drinking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...