Wednesday, October 24, 2012

From Garden to Table Part 4

My pumpkin making adventures continued this weekend with Josh's birthday and the party we threw in his honor.  First I had to make pumpkin pie as it is his favorite and he's not a huge fan of the traditional cake.  Thankfully my mom has a great recipe for it that's been passed down through the generations.  Its just amazing and I think the fresh pumpkin made it even better!  I am still on the search for the perfect crust.  This time mine bubbled up in the middle and left bits of crust in the batter.  Overall it didn't really affect the recipe but would be something I'd like to fix in the future.

Mmmm pumpkin pie
My favorite pumpkin creation thus far has to be the pumpkin snicker-doodle cookies I made.  I'm a huge fan of snicker-doodles anyways and adding the pumpkin just made them all the better.  I think it actually helped them stay softer longer as a snicker-doodle tends to dry up fast.  I made a huge amount of these (about 4 dozen) and managed to get rid of all but 10.  Not bad I think!

Josh insisted that his new beer cozy also be in the picture. Pyramid of pumpkin snicker-doodles!

The crazy thing about all this pumpkin is we still have a ton in the fridge!  I'm pretty sure we are down to about 6 cups which is probably the amount I've used thus far.  I can't even fathom what we would have done with all four pumpkins out of the garden.  We would have been eating pie for months...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...