Friday, October 19, 2012

From Garden to Table Part 3

The quest to make amazing pumpkin treats continues!  Last Friday I decided to give pumpkin scones a try as Josh was due back home the following day and I thought it would be nice to have a little treat waiting for him.

I've made scones before and just love having them around in the morning to grab as I head out the door.  It had found this receipe online earlier and thought it sounded pretty much amazing.  Overall I can't complain about them.  They were moist and had that amazing pumpkin spice to them.

I do have to complain a little about the icing.  Instead of siting nicely on top it soaked through the scones.  Now some people would say what's the problem with that?  Nothing normally but it sure got messy.  Also I felt that if we hadn't eat them as fast as we did (they were all gone by Sunday), they would have been pretty soggy.

Overall I've been pretty satisfied with these pumpkins.  The true test comes at the end of this week.  Josh's birthday is this weekend and I'm whipping up his favorite pumpkin pie to celebrate!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...