Sunday, October 14, 2012

6 Weeks

I can't believe the wedding is in less than 6 weeks.  The time has gone by so fast and seems to be speeding up as we get closer to the date.  The invitations are out and my mom is already receiving a good number of RSVPs back.  I've started thinking about getting ready to fly out and Josh and I are trying to finish up the few little things on our to-do-list.

Luckily we've been so blessed with amazing family and friends who have helped us get everything planned and ready for the big day.  This past weekend Josh and I were talking about all the help we've gotten and I am just amazed at how its all coming together.

I am so thankful to Brianne, our wedding planner.  Every time something pops into my head as "Oh, I need to do that!" I remember, "Wait, Brianne has that covered." I cannot tell you what a great feeling that is.  I think we've avoided a lot of frustration by having her to take care of the little things. My mom has also been awesome.  I don't know what we would have done if she hadn't taken the time to address all the invites.  There's no way we could have done it from Kenya.  It would have been too frustrating to weigh and mail everything yet alone the amount of time it would have taken them to reach the U.S.  To my aunts who are throwing me a shower, totally unexpected, yet very appreciated.  I am so excited to spend a day with them and other close friends laughing and catching up.  I know that whenever they get together its going to be a blast.  To our families in general, everyone has been so supportive of our day and making sure its perfect.  We are so excited to have everyone in one place and spend some time with everyone.

In the days to come we're just trying to focus on us and how excited we are to start our lives together.  Although the to-do list seems long, I am trying to reel in the "type A" personality and enjoy this time leading up to November.  I say this as I'm getting ready to write down this list that has been floating around in my head for the last few days.  Let's pray that I don't drive Josh nuts with my last minute "Honey can you do this?"  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...