Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Giving it Up for This Thing Called Motherhood

*Note this is just a reflection on where I am in life right now.  This is not an opinion piece in any way.*

Lately I've been meditating a lot on my stage in life.  With all the news lately on Ebola, that public health part of me starts to itch a bit.  Makes me wonder if I'll ever get back to it at some point.  But at the same time I can honestly say right now I am perfectly content.

This motherhood thing.  It's pretty awesome.  Sure it's a whole lot of hard work and yes sometimes I think it would be easier to go to work every day.  But right now I feel incredible blessed to be able to stay home with Mara.  To take in every second with her.  To focus my efforts on our family.  To make it possible for my husband to follow his career.

It's a calling.  It's a conscious effort.  It works for some and it doesn't for others.  Lately I've come across this quote and I just keep coming back to it.

I have discovered that 
This act of mothering
 is my act of worship to Him right now 
dying to self & delighting in them. 
There is failure. 
Yet forgiveness
 and grace
 and growing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...